Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Fantasy in Black and White

Pale September, I wore the time like a dress that year

The autumn days swung soft around me, like cotton on my skin

But as the embers of the summer lost their breath and disappeared

My heart went cold and only hollow rhythms resounded from within

But then he rose, brilliant as the moon in full

And sank in the burrows of my keep

And all my armour falling down, in a pile at my feet

And my winter giving way to warm, as I’m singing him to sleep

He goes along just as a water lily

Gentle on the surface of his thoughts his body floats

Unweighted down by passion or intensity

Yet unaware of the depth upon which he coasts

And he finds a home in me

For what misfortune sows, he knows my touch will reap

And all my armour failing down, in a pile at my feet

And my winter giving way to warm, as I’m singing him to sleep

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thanks for the eye candy! :D

 
eXTReMe Tracker